Sunday 2 January 2011

How to survive a hangover...... with style.

I am afraid I do not the cure for a hangover (I wish I did). However I have a few tips that can hopefully see you through them looking as respectable as you can.
Drink LOADS of water. Headaches after drinking are often caused by the dehydration; therefore drinking lots of water will not only help to ease your hangover it will also help you to colour in your cheeks, instead of green and help to ease the puffy dark circles under your eyes.

Shower as soon as possible. In order to feel human again you need to freshen up and rinse away the night before’s madness. Use luke warm water and a nice perfumed shower gel and wash below the face down. The nice scent will release endorphins (feel good hormones) and help to perk you up.

Brush your teeth and use mouthwash. The amount of sugar that can be found alcoholic drinks and mixer’s is quite disgusting, also as previously, you will be dehydrated and so your mouth will be dry and teeth will be furry. Giving your teeth a good scrub will help to keep your teeth healthy and white, plus will help make you feel fresh, inside and out.

Comb your hair back. Keeping your hair back in a ponytail if long or with a headband if short will keep you looking well groomed and tidy.

Apply tinted moisturizer and mascara. This is all you need really if you are suffering in the company of friends or boyfriend. The last thing you will want when feeling unwell is lots of makeup weighing you down. Tinted moisturizer is light and helps to add a nice glow to your face without looking as though you are well made up. Apply two coats of mascara to help open your eyes and make them look whiter.
 and if you still look green...... Add a touch of pink blusher to your cheeks.
Believe me, I know when I have been hung over I can barely move off of my sofa, let alone stand in a shower. However, when I do make the effort to do all of the above, my appearance and day is always a lot lot brighter. 
My recommendation for tinted moisturiser’s:


Cover FX £35, this is my favourite but is a little expensive.



Benefit- You Rebel £21

No comments:

Post a Comment